This list is meant to be a reference for the 8/1 rule.
Sometimes it's difficult to figure out what tangible things you can produce for yourself. Remember that working for yourself is different than working on yourself.
The Master List
- Create a portfolio website
- Create a blog
- Write articles for your blog
- Write articles for medium
- Write guest posts for other blogs
- Create a youtube channel
- Create videos for your youtube channel
- Create tutorials for things you know how to do
- Create courses for things you know how to do
- Make a uDemy course
- Start writing a book
- Create high quality content for instagram (stories, feed posts, etc.)
- Write an e-book
- Start a podcast
- Review a product
- Start an email list, and plug affiliate products
- Create compelling infographics with links to your website and social media accounts
- Make a newsletter
- Start a webinar
- Compare different products or different tools
- Write about your predictions
- Republish relevant content
- Host a meetup
- Create a conference
- Post on Quora
- Syndicate your articles
- Start an annual awards for something you're interested in and feature other people
- Create swag! Sell physical products.
This list will be updated periodically.